Barking and Dagenham's Job Shops provide support to residents of the borough with all aspects of finding work.
- A resident of Barking and Dagenham?
- Unemployed or working less than 16 hours per week?
- Not getting support from the government's Work Programme?
If so, whatever your job seeking needs, we can help. We can:
- Help you to find the job you want
- Assist you in the process of creating or updating an existing CV
- Support you in completing job application forms
- Develop and enhance your interview skills, techniques and confidence
- Provide support on a one to one basis
- Identify relevant pre-employment and job skills training
- Provide access to in-work benefits and tax credits advice delivered by trained advisors who can tell you how much better off in work you will be financially
We particularly want to support people returning to work after a gap, whether that was because of childcare or another reason.
In return for this support we ask that you keep in touch with us and in particular we may ask you to give us evidence that you have moved into work, for example, a copy of your payslip or contact details of your employer so that we can get them to confirm your employment. The reason we do this is that we get some of our funding from agencies that require us to produce this evidence. So by helping us with this you are assisting us to keep the service going for the future.