Support to stop smoking
Your local stop smoking service
Are you ready to stop now or to set a date for quitting?
The Barking and Dagenham stop smoking service is a free NHS service for people living and working in Barking and Dagenham. The service has helped thousands of people in the borough to successfully stop smoking. Smokers who use NHS stop smoking services are up to four times more likely to quit than those who use willpower alone.
The service offers a range of support to help you stop smoking:
- One to one support
- Group support
- Quit Local clinics
- The 'For the Health of It' shop
- Specialist support for pregnant women and their partners
- Telephone support
For free, professional advice, information and support to stop smoking, phone the stop smoking service on 020 8532 6284, visit the Quit Local website
, or visit the 'For the Health of It' shop, Unit 1, Barking Station.
To make a referral into the stop smoking service, phone 020 8532 6284.
National NHS smoking helpline
NHS free smoking helpline: 0800 022 4332
7 days a week, 7am to 11pm. Here to help you!
Visit the NHS smokefree website for:
- Free advice
- Information about nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
- Find out how addicted you are to cigarettes
- Calculate how much you could save by quitting
- Find out about the latest tools to help you quit for good