Our aim is to control and reduce noise and nuisance in the borough.
How we meet our aims
- We investigate sources of nuisance including noise, rubbish on properties, derelict and empty properties, smoke from bonfires and smells, gypsies and travellers
- Please call us for details on the other problems we can help with or advise you on
What you can expect if you contact us
- We will keep your details confidential
- Our Call Centre will give you general advice and help and will pass all relevant information to an officer for investigation
- We will give advice and information about our services and what you can do to help yourself
- We aim to respond to any significant daytime nuisance within 2 hours. The initial response may be by way of a telephone call from the investigating officer to determine whether the problem is still occurring
- If you tell us about a matter which is not urgent, a Noise and Nuisance Officer will aim to contact you within 2 working days and may make an appointment to visit you.
What you can expect if we investigate a complaint
- We will take action to reduce excessive domestic noise affecting other people
- We will take action to deal with black smoke from bonfires and other sources of nuisance smells
- We will keep you informed and let you know when we have finished our investigation
Night time service
We operate a night time service for the investigation of noise.